Several hair products have been discovered thanks to stylists and other hair enthusiasts, and there have also been various hair remedies (also referred to as DIY). Several people have tried these procedures and hair care routines with positive results.
There have been so many home remedies that have proved to be of great help in keeping the afro-textured hair healthy and shiny! One of the remedies is the onion juice mask, yes you read that right, Onion Juice Mask! The fact that onions are a great immunity booster has always been popular and proven. The antioxidants and chemicals present in onion composition help in immune enhancement. Onions contain dozens of medicinal chemical compounds that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory actions in the body and promote good heart and gut health. Onions are added to almost every meal that we eat every day. Apart from this, onions are said to be good for hair growth. Just like eggs, you might not like the smell of onions, but it is always available to come to the rescue of curly and coily hair.
Recently in a released video and picture, the Grammy award winning artist Cardi B spoke about the effect onion water had on her hair. See this Instagram post by @iamcardib https://www.instagram.com/p/ChKqlNsOs5_/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=ceedcf1f-
HOW TO USE
It is a simple procedure:
- Get your onions clean and ready to use
- Blend the onions, ensure it is smooth and we’ll blended
- Sieve the onion juice, then divide your hair into different parts
- Combine two teaspoons of extracted onion juice with one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the paste thoroughly to the hair
- Allow the paste to sit for 20 minutes before you wash off
- Wash the hair with lukewarm water, shampoo and conditioner.
WHAT CAN ONION JUICE DO TO THE HAIR?
- Since onion is high in nutrients like sulfur, which has exceptional hair benefits. The sulfur present has deep nourishing properties, and this helps to effectively strengthen hair follicles!
- The sulfur in onion juice may provide the nourishment required for hair growth. It may also lengthen the hair’s growing phase.
- Onions have antibacterial properties that may aid in the treatment of scalp infections
- Due to its nourishing value in terms of hair care, onion also contributes to great texture and shiny hair.
- Onion contains enzymes, which help to prevent radical damage to your hair and delay premature greying.
Editor’s note: Furthermore, using onion juice will not result in rapid hair growth. It takes dedication to apply the onion juice twice daily for several weeks to see if positive results can be obtained. Also note, anyone who is allergic to onions should avoid applying onion juice to their hair.